Sonntag, 11. Mai 2008

A journalist, working in Baghdad... It´s difficult to tell what I see and what I sense

Before 6 months I came to Baghdad. Dreams in my pocket, to tell the world what really goes on in Iraq. All TV stations, at least all in Europe, get their news about Iraq from Associated Press (AP) or Reuters and both of these agancies have their headquarters in countries which are a part of the war down here. Telling the world the truth meant to write things as they are realized by the people who are affected. I wanted to be here and I jeopardized my life for the ideal of "telling the truth".

Living in Germany and used to a good social life, I thoght that I would come to a hotel full of foreign journalists. I hoped to meet new people and call the best journalists in the world my friends. I report for Ihlas News Agancy (IHA), which is the biggest one in Turkey. They guaranteed me, that I would be free in choosing my topics and in my diction. I began working right after I got out of the plane and this didn´t change untill now.

It already has been 6 months, my time in Baghdad is not easy and it seems that life in Iraq has never been.

I came in winter, in the beginning of December and was surprized when I saw the German autumnal weather here. Most of the Arabs don´t know what real winter is, the heat of their latitudes is in their heart although I believe that it burned some brains away.

In this Blog, I will tell about my days in Baghdad. How I came to work here and what I see here each day.

1 Kommentar:

سحاب Sahab hat gesagt…

hi,
please can help me to writing about jadriya bunker in your news papper?
thank u